We’ve compiled some great tips and an infograph to help you prioritize your home maintenance items during this still chilly month of February.
- Regularly check your roof for icicles and ice dams. This is a great article from This Old House on the best ways to do this.
- Test carbon monoxide and smoke detectors; replace batteries as needed.
- Check caulking and grout around sinks, showers and tubs; repair as needed.
- Check for plumbing leaks on supply lines to sinks and toilets.
- Test and reset all electric ground fault circuit interruptor recepticals; Check all extension cords.
- Repair any interior wall damage, touch up paint as needed.
- Clean and vacuum curtains, window blinds and ceiling fans.
- Vacuum and dust HVAC systems. Moisture inside the lines will cause the unit to become sluggish. Contact a licensed HVAC specialist for assistance.
- Clean garbage disposal with crushed ice to sharpen the blades, then run it after placing baking soda and citrus peels in the disposal.
- Spruce up your entryway. After the snowy, muddy months we’ve had, a little sprucing up is called for.
As always, please feel free to schedule an appointment with us if you need any assistance!